MAKING A DECISION TO SERVE GOD IN HIS CHURCH
Textes: 1 CORINTHIANS 3,10-23 | PROVERBS 19-21
- Exodus 25, 26 God’s instructions to Moses to build for Him
- 1 Chronicles 17 God’s instructions to David on building a temple for Him
- God provides His requirements for the type and materials for the building
LESSONS FOR THE CHRISTIAN
- The ability to serve God is hinged on His grace. You need to completely depend on this grace.
- The foundation of our ministry must be Christ. We are assured of a good ministry when Christ is the foundation (Luke 18, 21)
- We also need to be selective in the materials we choose because of the value we should attach to Christ’s ministry.
- Our ministry must be team-centred and group-oriented. Our self-interests should not feature in our service for God.
- The Holy Spirit must be welcomed in our ministry. He must also drive our ministry.
- Human standards are not the yardstick for ministry effectiveness.
- Our ministry would last and be effective when Christ is indeed the foundation.