Three lessons From Jesus’ Baptism
Luke 3, 21-23
– Christian baptism receives its meaning and significance from the baptism of Jesus
WHY DID JESUS CHRIST NEED TO BE BAPTIZED?
Jesus was baptized:
1.In order to teach us humility Mt 3,14-15
2.in order to identify with those he came to save
3.in order to mark the official start of his ministry
4.in order to ceremonially cleanse himself before being filled with the Holy Spirit.
LESSON N° 1. WE ARE ANOINTED (SEALED) WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT.
In baptism we are anointed (sealed) with the Holy Spirit to:
1.BECOME SON OF GOD: Our identity as sons and daughters of God is established.
But who is a son? Who is a daughter? He or she who does the will of the Father is a son or daughter of God
2.BELONG TO GOD: family of God. In baptism, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit and signed with the sign of the cross to show that henceforth we belong to Christ. for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. » (Galatians 6:17)
3.BECOME SOLDIERS OF CHRIST:
We are anointed with the Holy Spirit so that we may be soldiers of Christ in the world, so that we may fight the forces of sin and evil.
LESSON N°2 PLEDGE TO PLEASE GOD
How to please God? 10 ways
– Love him: you will naturally do things that please God if you love him.
– I life controlled by the Holy spirit: Because those controlled by the sineful nature cannot please God Rm 8,8
– By faith: Hebriews 11,6 in order to please God we need to have faith in him
– Praise the lord Ps 113, 1-9
– Live in the Light Ephesians 5, 8-33
– Make the Most of every opportunity Ephesians 5, 15-17
– Be filled with the Spirit Ephesians 5, 18-20
– Submit to one another with Love and respect Eph 5, 21-33
– Be humble Isiaah 65, 17-66
– Look forward to a world where everything pleases God Isaiah 65, 17-66
LESSON N° 3 YOUR AGE IS JUST A NUMBER
* How old are you? how many years do you have left to live?
* Your age is just a number
– that allows you to change the world
– that provides opportunity to do God‘s Will
– that allows you to prepare your Eternal life
– that allows you bring people to Christ
– that allows you to prepare your good future
* God will ask you for the report of what you did with your age old?
* we should not worst our time.
* Jesus spent wisely his three year.